Dear friends, collaborators, supporters, philanthropists and partners of our association Project Happiness, today, we want to share with you our project program for 2022. This year will be a big challenge for us, because we are working on new, but also already known, big projects, for which we have laid strong foundations for the last 6 years. Some projects are new and some are already traditional. The past two years have been the most difficult for us as an association so far. Like everyone else, we have faced many problems as a result of the Covid19-Corona pandemic crisis. This mostly reflected on the financing and support we received from the companies. That support was largely lacking, and we worked and faced huge challenges, to procure humanitarian aid for all who needed it, to realize the projects in new conditions and protocols, but also to survive as an association. Even in the conditions of the great economic crisis, we started the biggest humanitarian project in this area so far, “Project House with Kristina”, where for the first time in TV format homes were built for families with children at social risk, but exclusively from donations. . Your support this 2022 will be more than necessary to get back on our feet and continue with the same intensity of work.
Project program for 2022
1. Children’s drama studio for children at social risk “Neverland” This children’s drama studio, which we opened in 2019, is working for the third season in a row, with great success, and is intended for all those children who have a desire and love for acting and theater and are from 6 to 14 years old. We have classes twice a week, and we prepare our program and plays, which we play in front of all the children in Macedonia. The drama studio is free for all children who will attend it, and they are in the category of “social risk”. The drama studio is led by our Blagica Ristov, a graduate actress, who has extensive experience in working with children’s drama studios and children’s plays. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts for supporting us, and for recognizing truly constructive projects. This year we will revive this project, and we hope to provide funding for it, because it proved to be extremely useful for children at social risk, in every aspect.
2. Sports and fun summer camp for children at social risk “Colorful Summer”. You are already familiar with this project, and this year we will realize it for the 6th time. One of our favorite and most famous projects. Many new friendships, memories, knowledge were born at this camp, and for many children, the first summer vacation took place. This camp is free for all children, and it is attended by children who do not have the conditions to go on summer vacation, and very often they attend their first summer vacation for the first time. This project is continuously supported by the Business sector, although in recent years with less intensity.
3. “Happy school year” – project for procurement of school materials for children at social risk. This is also a project that we will implement for 6 years in a row. Last year we were focused on this project for almost a whole year, since the children started learning online and did not have devices. We procured devices and managed to provide laptops, tablets and phones for about 300 children (thanks to donors, but also to the Donate Computer project) as well as an annual internet subscription for 30 families. This project procures new, complete school equipment for over 300 children per year. Every child gets exactly what he needs, depending on his age and the grade he attends. The project is supported by a number of companies, individuals, organizations and the like. Last year, this project was supported by the Government of the Republic of Northern Macedonia, so we provided a record number of school equipment, online monitoring devices, as well as many services for children at social risk, such as cultural events, sports activities, psychological support, speech therapist. , organizing birthdays, foreign language courses. For the first time one of our projects was supported by the Government, and we hope that they will continue to recognize the true values and the real workers among the NGO sector.
4. First conference for children at social risk, “Summit of children’s wishes”. Children are the main ones here, they tell us how to build a better world for them, children with fewer opportunities. What they think can change is their pain and their happiness. We need to hear them here, because they know and can do much more than we think. In 2018 we realized this project for the first time, and it was a great success. We have not been able to find financial support for this project in the past years. This year we will do our best to find it, and make it even better. This is the only project of its kind in Europe. If there are conditions for organization, this 2022 we have a desire to realize it again, and to put Macedonia on the map of countries that really care for children at social risk, and strive to make them productive citizens.
5. Motivational lectures and psychological workshops for children at social risk, to improve educational outcomes and deal with peer bullying “You can”. This is another of our new projects, and it refers to motivating children who live in difficult conditions, or who are victims of peer bullying. The psychologists and motivational lecturers specialized in working with children will work with the registered children. We expect great success with this project. The lectures and workshops will last one year, and will be held every 3 months. We expect to find financial support for this project.
6. A warm home for all / Project House Families from all over the country, who are in the category of social risk, and who have children, and live in extremely difficult conditions, without basic living conditions, have their homes built or renovated completely. This project also received a TV project, called “Project House with Kristina”, which will be broadcast on Telma TV from September. We do not know if this project will continue with the TV project, but it will certainly develop as an online platform where families in need of help, we will find a way through our connections, to provide them with what is urgent in housing. The project is supported by OSCE Macedonia, and a number of companies and individuals.
7. Premiere of a new play by DDS Neverland that we will play in front of many children across the country. The program for this year is very big and complex, but we will do our best to realize everything we plan and dream. The support of companies, local government, government agencies, international organizations, associations, and individuals will be more than necessary.
8 New Year project (Food and gifts for every child for the holidays) We traditionally organize mass donations of food and hygiene products, which companies or individuals send directly to consumers and thus enable less hungry families for the holidays. This is one of the projects that is characterized by mass, because we try to provide and provide to all those who need help, New Year joy, food, clothes.
With respect, Kristina Arnaudova Petrovski
President of the association